GCC: Total population and percentage of nationals and foreign nationals in GCC countries (national statistics, 2010-2016) (with numbers)If you want to download this document in pdf/excel or to print it, you must accept the legal notices.
|date/ period||Total population||date/ period||Nationals||Foreign nationals||% in total population|
|Kuwait (2)||31 March 2016||4,294,171||31 March 2016||1,316,147||2,978,024||30.6||69.4|
|Oman (3)||20 April 2016||4,419,193||20 April 2016||2,412,624||2,006,569||54.6||45.4|
|Qatar (4)||April 2015||2,404,776||April 2010||243,019||2,161,757||10.1||89.9|
|Saudi Arabia (5)||mid-2014||30,770,375||mid-2014||20,702,536||10,067,839||67.3||32.7|
|United Arab Emirates (6)||mid-2010||8,264,070||mid-2010||947,997||7,316,073||11.5||88.5|
Sources: national institutes of statistics, latest year or period available as of 20 April 2016.
* Total provides the sum of population numbers at different dates. It is not exactly the total population at any of these dates.
1- persons bearing nationality of a foreign State other than the GCC State of residence, or bearing no proof of nationality from any given state (stateless persons and holders of refugee status and travel document in a third country) ;
2- Holders of residence permit residing in the given GCC country at date of census, as per definition of residence used in each of the countries.
Figures for Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the UAE are estimates.
2- Sources of data:
(1) Bahrain Central Informatics Organisation (CIO), CIO’s website, “Statistics” and “Population” sections http://www.data.gov.bh/en/ResourceCenter
(2) Kuwait Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI), Homepage as of 20 April 2016, http://www.paci.gov.kw/en/
(3) National Centre for Statistical Information (NCSI), homepage as of 20 April 2016, http://www.ncsi.gov.om/NCSI_website/N_default.aspx;
(4) Qatar Ministry of Development Planning and Statistics, census 2015 (total population); Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA), Census 2010, http://gulfmigration.eu/population-by-nationality-qatari-non-qatari-census-1970-2010/;
(5) Saudi Arabia Central Department for Statistics and Information (CDSI), estimates. http://www.cdsi.gov.sa/
(6) UAE National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), estimates. http://www.uaestatistics.gov.ae/EnglishHome/ReportDetailsEnglish/tabid/121/Default.aspx?ItemId=1914&PTID=104&MenuId=1
Date of access: 20 April 2016