GCC:National and non-national populations aged 15 and above by sex, and sex ratios in GCC countries (national statistics, 2010-2016)
|Country||date/ period||sex||numbers||men per 100 women||numbers||men per 100 women||numbers||men per 100 women|
|Kuwait (2)||December 2016||males||412,023||92||1,879,898||239||2,291,921||186|
|Qatar (4)||September 2016||males||95,160||95||1,766,321||479||1,861,481||397|
|Saudi Arabia (5)||May 2016||males||7,127,624||104||7,097,193||253||14,224,817||147|
|United Arab Emirates* (6)||mid-2010||males||293,981||100||5,076,366||420||5,370,347||357|
Sources: national institutes of statistics, latest year or period available as of 20 April 2017.
* Our estimates of non-nationals aged 15 and above for 2010.
** Total provides the sum of population numbers at different dates. It is not exactly the total population at any of these dates.
1- persons bearing nationality of a foreign State other than the GCC State of residence, or bearing no proof of nationality from any given state (stateless persons and holders of refugee status and travel document in a third country) ;
2- Holders of residence permit residing in the given GCC country at date of census, as per definition of residence used in each of the countries.
Figures for Bahrain and the UAE are estimates.
2- Sources of data:
(1) Bahrain Central Informatics Organisation (CIO), Open data portal, Statistical Abstracts, “Population 2016” section http://www.data.gov.bh/en/ResourceCenter
(2) Kuwait Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI), “Population” Bulletin 2016, 31 December 2016
(3) National Centre for Statistical Information (NCSI), Bulletin of Population Statistics n°6, 2016
(4) Ministry of Development Planning and Statistics (MDPS), Labor Force Survey 2016, Third Quarter (July-September 2016).
(5) Saudi Arabia General Authority for Statistics (GAStats), Demographic Survey 2016
(6) UAE National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), our estimates from: http://www.uaestatistics.gov.ae/EnglishHome/ReportDetailsEnglish/tabid/121/Default.aspx?ItemId=1914&PTID=104&MenuId=1