|Public sector||Private sector||% Non-nationals|
|Country||date/ period||Total population||non-nationals||Total population||non-nationals||Public sector||Private and other sectors|
|Bahrain (1)||April 2010||106,273||32,137||594,530||491,903||30.2||82.7|
|Kuwait (2)||December 2012||429,453||125,815||1,821,822||1,738,376||29.3||95.4|
|Oman (3)||End 2011||184,450||25,182||1,289,031||1,114,590||13.7||86.5|
|Qatar (4)||April 2010||139,922||78,559||1,128,213||1,118,500||56.1||99.1|
|Saudi Arabia (5)||August 2009||2,796,212||135,691||5,351,780||4,174,333||4.9||78.0|
|United Arab Emirates||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.||n.a.|
Sources: national institutes of statistics, latest year available.
1- persons bearing nationality of a foreign State other than the GCC State of residence, or bearing no proof of nationality from any given state (stateless persons and holders of refugee status and travel document in a third country) ;
2- Holders of residence permit residing in the given GCC country at date of census, as per definition of residence used in each of the countries.
Employment refers to a person aged 15 years and above who during the reference period:
- worked for one hour or more for wage or salary, in cash or in kind
- worked for one hour or more for profit or family gain, in cash or in kind
The “private and other sectors” includes the sector of domestic services and the mixed sector.
2- Sources of data:
(1) Bahrain Central Informatics Organisation (CIO), Census 2010;
(2) Kuwait Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI), Dec. 2012; http://gulfmigration.eu/217/
(3) National Centre for Statistical Information (NCSI), Statistical Yearbook 2012
(4) Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA), Census 2010; http://gulfmigration.eu/employed-population-by-nationality-qatari-non-qatari-activity-sector-and-sex-2010/
(5) Saudi Arabia Central Department for Statistics and Information (CDSI), Labor Force Survey 2009, http://gulfmigration.eu/employed-population-aged-15-and-above-by-nationality-saudi-non-saudi-and-sector-of-activity-government-private-2009/