GCC: Total population and percentage of nationals and non-nationals in GCC countries (latest national statistics, 2010-2015)If you want to download this document in pdf/excel or to print it, you must accept the legal notices.
|% in total population|
|Country||date/ period||Total population||Nationals||Non-nationals|
|Kuwait (2)||31 March 2015||4,161,404||30.8||69.2|
|Oman (3)||25 March 2015||4,149,917||56.0||44.0|
|Qatar (4)||April 2010||1,699,435||14.3||85.7|
|Saudi Arabia (5)||mid-2014||30,770,375||67.3||32.7|
|United Arab Emirates (6)||mid-2010||8,264,070||11.5||88.5|
Sources: national institutes of statistics, latest year or period available as of 31 March 2015.
* Total provides the sum of population numbers at different dates between April 2010 and March 2015. It is not exactly the total population at any of these dates.
1- persons bearing nationality of a foreign State other than the GCC State of residence, or bearing no proof of nationality from any given state (stateless persons and holders of refugee status and travel document in a third country) ;
2- Holders of residence permit residing in the given GCC country at date of census, as per definition of residence used in each of the countries.
Figures for Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the UAE are estimates.
2- Sources of data:
(1) Bahrain Central Informatics Organisation (CIO), CIO’s website, “Statistics” and “Population” sections http://www.data.gov.bh/en/ResourceCenter
(2) Kuwait Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI), Homepage as of 31 March 2015, http://www.paci.gov.kw/en/
(3) National Centre for Statistical Information (NCSI), homepage as of March 5, 2015, http://www.ncsi.gov.om/NCSI_website/N_default.aspx;
(4) Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA), Census 2010, http://gulfmigration.eu/population-by-nationality-qatari-non-qatari-census-1970-2010/;
(5) Saudi Arabia Central Department for Statistics and Information (CDSI), estimates. http://www.cdsi.gov.sa/
(6) UAE National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), estimates. http://www.uaestatistics.gov.ae/EnglishHome/ReportDetailsEnglish/tabid/121/Default.aspx?ItemId=1914&PTID=104&MenuId=1